Dave Jingo has been in the television business for over 30 years. His clients have included the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Clinic, Great Lakes Science Center, and University of Akron.
It is the mission of the Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center to protect the rights of Ohio's state and federal crime victims.
We are here for you.
The Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center was founded on the simple principle that Ohio’s state and federal victims of crime deserve and require legal representation to enforce and protect their constitutional and statutory legal rights throughout the criminal justice process.
Victims’ rights are civil rights.
There is a national movement to bring balance to the criminal justice system by establishing crime victims’ rights legal clinics in every state. As of today, twelve states now have crime victims’ rights legal clinics. Ohio is one of those progressive states.
The Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center is the only crime victims’ rights legal center in the State of Ohio that provides free legal representation in criminal court to citizens victimized by crime to protect their legal rights.
The Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center Provides:
Free Legal Representation
Free legal representation to state and federal victims of crime throughout Ohio to ensure their constitutional and statutory rights are enforced and protected from the time a crime is first reported throughout the criminal justice process.Get Help
Training & Instruction
Free Victims’ Rights Training to hospitals, victim advocates, law enforcement, prosecutors, courts, and the community to promote awareness of crime victims’ rights laws and to ensure consistent systemic implementation of crime victims’ rights laws.Register for Training
Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center offers free cross-disciplinary victims' rights training to SANE nurses and medical personnel, law enforcement officers, prosecutors, attorneys, judges, victim advocates, and victim service providers in counties and regions across Ohio. These trainings serve to provide the education and tools necessary to protect victims' rights in Ohio. Attorneys Elizabeth Well, Christopher Woeste, Bobbie Yeager, and Kristen Saxton will be crossing the state giving presentations on the legal rights Ohio crime victims have at every stage of the criminal justice process from the hospital to post-conviction, focusing on new rights under Marsy's Law. As part of the training, OCVJC hopes to bring together varying perspectives within a county or region to begin a conversation on crime victims' rights.
We already have Marsy's Law focused victims' rights trainings scheduled for the following locations and dates. Please click a training to register!
- Recorded Webinar on Marsy's Law with OPAA and OVWA - Available until February 16, 2019 - View Today!
- Defiance County with Defiance County Prosecutor's Office- July 12, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Cuyahoga County with Cleveland Rape Crisis Center- August 8, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Ashtabula County with Ashtabula County Prosecutor's Office- August 9, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Knox County with Knox County Prosecutor's Office- September 18, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Erie County - October 25, 2018 - Come see us at Erie County's Regional Domestic Violence Conference!
- Stark County with Stark County Prosecutor's Office - November 9, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
We are also providing Marsy's Law focused victims' rights in-service trainings to the following groups:
- Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy - London Campus - June 20, 2018
- Central Ohio Sexual Assault Task Force - June 20, 2018
- Wooster Hospital - June 22, 2018
- Ohio Association of Juvenile Clerks Conference - June 28, 2018
- Ohio Common Pleas Judges Association - June 29, 2018
- Ohio State Bar Association Webinar - July 17, 2018
- Ohio Municipal Judges Association - July 18, 2018
- Belmont County Prosecutor's Office - July 23, 2018
- Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association - July 27, 2018
- Ohio Justice Alliance for Community Corrections - October 11, 2018
- Franklin County Juvenile Courts Retreat - October 19, 2018
Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to be added to schedule a training in your region.
*Accommodation requests must be made as far in advance as possible, and requests must be made no fewer than 15 business days prior to the event. Please call us at 614-848-8500 or email at [email protected] to request an accommodation.
Front Page News
Brandi McGinnis has volunteered her time as a paralegal student intern with OCVJC for two semesters. During her time at OCVJC, she has performed many legal research and writing tasks, including extensive work on Marsy’s Law case law from throughout the country.
Kanchanarani Krishnamoorthy generously volunteers her time helping Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center. Kanchana comes from an I.T. background and uses her skills to help OCVJC tackle challenging technology projects.