Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center offers free cross-disciplinary victims' rights training to SANE nurses and medical personnel, law enforcement officers, prosecutors, attorneys, judges, victim advocates, and victim service providers in counties and regions across Ohio. These trainings serve to provide the education and tools necessary to protect victims' rights in Ohio. Attorneys Elizabeth Well, Christopher Woeste, Bobbie Yeager, and Kristen Saxton will be crossing the state giving presentations on the legal rights Ohio crime victims have at every stage of the criminal justice process from the hospital to post-conviction, focusing on new rights under Marsy's Law. As part of the training, OCVJC hopes to bring together varying perspectives within a county or region to begin a conversation on crime victims' rights.
- Live Webinar on Marsy's Law with OPAA and OVWA - February 16, 2018 at 10am - Register Today!
- Greene County with Legal Aid of Western Ohio - March 1, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Clermont County with Clermont County Prosecutor's Office - March 20, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Fairfield County with OU-L and Lighthouse - April 6, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Washington County with Eve, Inc. - April 26, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Hocking County with Hocking County Prosecutor's Office- May 24, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Hamilton County with Xavier University - June 12, 2018 from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm - Register Today!
- Ashtabula County with Ashtabula County Prosecutor's Office- August 9, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Knox County with Knox County Prosecutor's Office- September 18, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Erie County - October 25, 2018 - Come see us at Erie County's Regional Domestic Violence Conference!
Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to be added to schedule a training in your region.
*Accommodation requests must be made as far in advance as possible, and requests must be made no fewer than 15 business days prior to the event. Please call us at 614-848-8500 or email at [email protected] to request an accommodation.