Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center offers free cross-disciplinary victims' rights training to SANE nurses and medical personnel, law enforcement officers, prosecutors, attorneys, judges, victim advocates, and victim service providers in counties and regions across Ohio. These trainings serve to provide the education and tools necessary to protect victims' rights in Ohio. Attorneys Elizabeth Well, Christopher Woeste, Bobbie Yeager, and Kristen Saxton will be crossing the state giving presentations on the legal rights Ohio crime victims have at every stage of the criminal justice process from the hospital to post-conviction, focusing on new rights under Marsy's Law. As part of the training, OCVJC hopes to bring together varying perspectives within a county or region to begin a conversation on crime victims' rights.
- Recorded Webinar on Marsy's Law with OPAA and OVWA - Available until February 16, 2019 - View Today!
- Washington County with Eve, Inc. - April 26, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Come see us at the Ohio Attorney General's Two Days in May Conference - May 14 & 15, 2018!
- Hocking County with Hocking County Prosecutor's Office- May 24, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Marion County with Marion County Prosecutor's Office - June 5, 2018 from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm - Register Today!
- Hamilton County with Xavier University - June 12, 2018 from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm - Register Today!
- Defiance County with Defiance County Prosecutor's Office- July 12, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Cuyahoga County with Cleveland Rape Crisis Center- August 8, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Ashtabula County with Ashtabula County Prosecutor's Office- August 9, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Knox County with Knox County Prosecutor's Office- September 18, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
- Erie County - October 25, 2018 - Come see us at Erie County's Regional Domestic Violence Conference!
- Stark County with Stark County Prosecutor's Office - November 9, 2018 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm - Register Today!
We are also providing Marsy's Law focused victims' rights in-service trainings to the following groups:
- Project Woman staff - May 1, 2018
- SARNCO staff - May 3, 2018
- North Central Crime Victims Regional Group - May 11, 2018
- Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy - Richfield Campus - June 4, 2018
- Butler County DV Coalition - June 7, 2018
- Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy - London Campus - June 20, 2018
- Central Ohio Sexual Assault Task Force - June 20, 2018
- Wooster Hospital - June 22, 2018
- Ohio Association of Juvenile Clerks Conference - June 28, 2018
- Ohio Common Pleas Judges Association - June 29, 2018
- Ohio Municipal Judges Association - July 16, 2018
- Belmont County Prosecutor's Office - July 23, 2018
- Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association - July 27, 2018
- Ohio Justice Alliance for Community Corrections - October 11, 2018
Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to be added to schedule a training in your region.
*Accommodation requests must be made as far in advance as possible, and requests must be made no fewer than 15 business days prior to the event. Please call us at 614-848-8500 or email at [email protected] to request an accommodation.