On April 12, Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center and Farmers New World Life Insurance honored survivors, advocates, law enforcement, prosecutors, legislators, and community leaders who have made significant contributions in protecting, preserving, and advancing the rights of crime victims. These individuals possess Courage to Fight, Strength to Heal, Power to Survive, and Leadership to Inspire. They are truly “Models of Justice.” This year’s awards ceremony honored eleven “Models of Justice.”
- The Honorable Ron O’Brien – Franklin County Prosecutor
- Brie Sivy – Campus Sexual Assault Advocate
- Detective Mathew Austin – Ohio University Police Department
- The Honorable Michael Murray – Judge, Xenia Municipal Court
- Joanne Aubrey – Domestic Violence Advocate
- Lorie McCaughan – Professor of Clinical Studies, Capital University Law School
- Mark Beckwith – Assistant Prosecutor, Summit County Prosecutor’s Office
- Terri Heckman – Executive Director, Battered Women’s Shelter and Rape Crisis Center of Medina and Summit Counties
- Officer Eric Joering – Westerville Police Department
- Officer Anthony Morelli – Westerville Police Department
- Marsy’s Law for Ohio Team
To read more about this year’s honorees, click here. Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center also honored Officer Anthony Morelli and Officer Eric Joering of the Westerville Police Department, who tragically lost their lives responding to a domestic violence call.
The Models of Justice Awards Celebration was part of National Crime Victims’ Rights week, which ran from April 8-14. OCVJC would like to thank presenting sponsor Farmers New World Life Insurance for hosting the event and Rosati Windows for sponsoring the event. OCVJC would like to extend a special thank you to Maria Durant of WSYX ABC6 for serving as emcee.
If you would like to support Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center, please contact us at 614-848-8500.